Vortech Supercharger for the Trac-stang?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Yee

Reaction score
I was just seeing if there was much out there for the 2005 4.0L V6 Mustangs for performance mods and I came across this.... a 3 yr warranty vs EE's 12000mile warranty.

210bhp increased to 330HP! and torque from 254ft lbs to 337ft lbs!! :eek:

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/news/2005_v6_ho.html

The piping looks to be on the wrong side but still.. I wonder if it would work on the trac?! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam, there are several turbo kits for the v6 stang, The problem is the kit would have to be retro fitted to the trac, and no one seems to want to do it...

Todd Z

i would love to see someone do it... the problem might also be that you might lose the warranty if you put it on the wrong engine... do you have a link to it?

Dallas

HO, working on it and making it happen are 2 different things...

Nothing against wayne, but he has a lot on his plate, believe me I wish he had all the stuff he was working on available... There would be some crazy quick St's out there..

Todd Z

Yes, I am working on a LOT of things for the Sporttracs right now. As time and funds permit, I will be bringing more and more of these to the forefront.

Larry, Believe me I know Wayne could do it, But the cost to get a S/C and do the testing is expensive. Or, some one installs a S/C on their trac, then have wayne tune it..

I would LOVE to do this, But me being in NY and him in GA, It would require a lot of time I just don't have right now... I would buy the EE charger have it sent to him, Drive my st there, Install it, then dyno test and tune... Would need 2 weeks i just don't have right now,

And with a v8 St in the works, The v6 performance needs may dwindle off...

Todd Z

The fabrication required to change this kit to fit the ST would be astronomical. The accessory layout on the new V6 stang, vs the ST is the first problem. The second would be the location of the throttle body and the require repiping. 3rd would be the relocation of the battery and other electrical issues, etc etc etc etc. Just is a little out of the "acceptable" price range for a blower.