WAAG Rear Bumper Guard

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Millsap

Reaction score
Here is what comes in the box: the WAAG Rear Bumper Guard and instructions.

1.jpg

Here is a picture of the guard prior to installation. I suggest placing some cardboard under the bumper guard before installing it. I accidentally put a couple scratches on mine during the installation. Fortunately, they were on the bottom of the guard and are not noticeable.

2.jpg

A side view of the guard prior to installation. The guard is held in place by 4 bolts and nuts (2 per side). On an ST without a hitch, it is mounted using the factory bumper bolts and nuts. My ST does have a Hidden Hitch installed. Since the factory bolts are not long enough to go through both the hitch and the WAAG guard mounting points, I had to purchase some new bolts and nuts. I purchased 4 (2 inch long X 1/2 inch diameter) grade 8 bolts and nuts for this installation.

3.jpg

Here is a picture of the factory bumper mounting bolts. They are welded to a metal strap. I had to remove and replace them with the new longer bolts and nuts. They are not long enough to go through the Hidden Hitch and WAAG Rear Bumper Guard mounting points. If you don't have a hitch, the instructions say to use the factory bolts and nuts to mount the hitch.

4.jpg

As I suggested before, you really need someone to assist you and hold things up. Be very careful, since there is a great chance of falling objects. I really suggest the use safety glasses. I got a lot of dirt and grime in my face during this installation. Since I have the Hidden Hitch installed, I had to loosen the hitch mounting bolts and nuts. There are 4 bolts (per side) holding the Hidden Hitch in place. Two are factory bolts (welded together by metal strap) and the other two are hitch bolts. Here is where you will need assistance. You will need someone to help you hold things, mount the guard, and insert the bolts. Once I had the 2 hitch bolts loosened (not removed), I was able to remove the factory bumper bolts (attached to strap). I then replaced the factory bolts (attached to strap) with the new bolts and nuts I purchased. I mounted the guard on the outside of the Hidden Hitch. I then torqued all the bolts and nuts (guard and hitch) to specification. In the picture, you can see the new bolts and nuts installed. They are the two bolts and nuts on the black shiny metal. You can also see one of the hitch mounting bolts and nuts that I had to loosen.

5.jpg

Here is a side view picture of the installed WAAG Rear Bumper Guard.

6.jpg

Picture of the installed WAAG Rear Bumper Guard.

7.jpg

Side view picture of my ST.

8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: