Wal-Mart can pack sand....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those specials are just to get you into the stores. NO store will ever stock enough of that merchandise to sell all day long. The stores are taking a serious hit to their bottom line to sell you those items at that price. I'm not trying to back up Wally world on this, but as a retailer.

Just to let you know about some of the comments that I heard today, this one was a real winner. This guy told us that we need to advertise on the TV when we sell out of an item. Come on. If you are gonna get all ticked off about it, then don't shop on this day. It will allow me to get more sleep instead of getting up to listen to a bunch of ticked off people.

Anywho, sorry about my little vent, but that's my opinion.

Oh, by the way, a store like Wally world does not care about one customer who spends only $5,000 between two stores in a year. A typical Wally will do about $5,000 sales in less than 30 minutes on a good day, sometimes a lot quicker. Nothing against you on that, but it's the truth.

Here is a link to vent at also.

Mike L,

you absolutely correct. The sales are simply to get you in the door. In the case of the Laptops I got they stocked 30. We were there within the first 50 in the door, (opened at 5 AM). There were three left as 5:05 AM. I got two of them as well as the last PC they were offering.

So we got lucky as far as I am concerned.

But they did have hundreds of the DVD's that were on sale as well as the MP3's they were offering.

I did get the last 1Gig SD SanDisk as well...

Very true Mike. $5,000 isn't much at all. I probably spend twice that per year, since I buy all my groceries, gas and most of my other household purchases there. Lowe's gets the rest, since I am a new homeowner. :)

Don't you people have anything other to do than cry about Wal-Mart? In the free market, people choose where they want to spend their dollars, and if it happens that MOST people spend theirs at Wa-Mart, it's for a reason. They aren't #1 on the Fortune 500 list for nothing.

If you think that the things you are whining about didn't happen at Circuit City, Bestbuy, Toys-R-Us, K-Mart, and EVERY OTHER major retailer out there you're smoking crack.

It's vogue to bash Wal-Mart.... everyone likes to try to tear someone down when they're number 1.

/rant off

Why give these businesses the satisfaction of waiting in their lines? Why drive yourself crazy to save cash? Your time is far more valuable than your money. Spend the time with your kids, girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, etc. (if you're married...don't go spending the day with your girlfriend ;)).

Screw WM, K-mart, Target et al. They all suck.

I get great deals on the internet, pay no tax and get free shipping. I never shop in stores if I can help it.

My son works at Wallyworld in the Auto center. He has seen so many cases of what A-Holes WM really are when it comes to dealing with employees. Nothing has happened to him but he has seen people treated like crap on almost a daily basis. As a place to work it really sux.

It's not just the auto center either, it's the whole store & Wal-Marts policies. I think Sam Walton would be ashamed (rich, but ashamed):D

Mike, your right, I agree that they do the sales to get you in the store, that's why it puzzled me so much that they would rather have people standing in many different lines waiting than out in the aisles shopping. I'm sure some people that got what they wanted also went shopping for mure stuff afterwards, but alot that I saw that were standing in the different lines went straight out the door empty handed after they sold out of the sale items they wanted, just like I did, with every penny I walked in with going out the door with me. The measly amount I spend with them won't hurt them in the short or long run, but it does give me satisfaction that I can choose where to spend my money at, and it won't be with them.

Freak, sorry, I don't do drugs and if you want to see it as whining, so be it. One of my points I was trying to make to them is that there are better ways to handle how they do business. I could care less if they are number 1 or number 100. Just because you are number one doesn't mean you are the best, or even good for that matter.

Q, apparently I didn't "know better" when I decided to venture out into a woman's domain when I didn't have all the tips of the trade and knowledge that they do when it comes to these types of sales. What I do know better about is a way for them to do business that is a lot more courteous and customer oriented than what they did. Heck, for a mere 6 figures, I will offer my suggestions to them as a consultant, lol.

Coastie, congrats, seems like you all made out pretty good.

Got a reply, looks auto-generated to me, especially with the last line of their message. I think that this is their easy way to answer complaints and if they get a reply back, then maybe they actually check into it and read it......

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for your message.

Thank you for shopping our stores as we understand you have a lot of choices for your day-after-Thanksgiving shopping. We've worked very hard at providing a variety of value selections for this 5-11 a.m. promotional period.

Because this is a promotional period that features "one time offers," there are limited quantities of the items at the prices featured. We're sorry if not every customer is able to get the item they want every time and we wish we could make that happen but we work with our suppliers to get the best values for this promotional period and there are only limited quantities available at our stores. Those quantities may vary from store-to-store. But we hope that by offering these great items at these tremendous values, we'll be able to provide a large number of our customers with the items they're searching for this season and help them have the kind of holiday they want to have with their families and friends.

We're simply trying to do the right thing for as many customers as possible, and that's offering as many values as we can -- even if some of them are for a limited time and in limited quantities.

Thank You,

Customer Relations

For further correspondence regarding this issue, please reply to this email.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If they took the time (very doubtful) to read what I sent them, then they missed the point, I am not disgruntled because I didn't get what I went for, afterall, the early bird does get the worm, but I was ticked at their disorganization with all these separate lines for each individual item.

Those items that were sold cheap, like the Laptop, are nothing more then "bait and switch" items. They are only to get you in the store hoping to get a deal.

Why didn't each Wal-Mart get 100 Laptops? Because they only wanted enough to lure people into the store, they really did not want to sell any of them.

Tom

Tom R and all -- Given the history of "Black Friday". what did you think was going to happen?? This is not the first year for "limited items on sale" to get you in their store. Yes, they could of handled it better; but you were there for a SUPER deal and was not alone. You take the chance of the "super sale" and lose. Too bad !! Then it is their fault because you did not have a pleasent experience ?? If you were number one and got what you wanted, would this post exist ??

Shopping is nice if you get what you want, with no hassles and walk away happy. Anything else is THEIR fault.

Terry

This is not the first year for "limited items on sale" to get you in their store.

As many years as merchants have been doing this black friday, you would imagine some of them would manage to get it more refined and effecient. If I would of showed up and they had one line like I described and I got my turn and everything was gone, so be it, it would of been my fault for not getting there early enough and this post probably wouldn't exist, but one line for the Laptop only, a different line for the Digital camera only, another one for a Portable DVD player, and so on was just ridiculous.

I prefer JC Penney's approach. It looks like nearly everything they have is 50% off this weekend. I saved literally hundreds buying there.

The military exchange also had a good idea. If you purchased something on Saturday, you would get a 20% off coupon on any one item up to $500 for Sunday morning ($100 savings max). I went in today to buy a dryer, and didn't know the first 100 customers would also get a free $20 gift card. So I got $78.50, plus another $20 off my dryer. When I paid they gave me ANOTHER 20% coupon to use Mon - Wed. I think I'll buy the washer with that one. :)

Tom R, looks like you got the "typical" form letter with some variation added. Obviously they really didn't read what you were saying. I'd sent it back and copy your letter again in the same email. Ask them to please explain how their response has anything to do with what you were stating in yours. You will have them scratching their heads for hours. lol Let'em waste their time as they did yours. :D

I prefer JC Penney's approach. It looks like nearly everything they have is 50% off this weekend. I saved literally hundreds buying there.

I saved hundreds or even thousands on Black Friday. I went to the mountains and only bought lunch.;)

Just curious. BTW, what is the union logo in your signature? It's so small, that my old eyes can't make it out.

Latest posts