Wallstreet, Social Network, The town

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Campbell

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has posted on these yet but I wanted to hear some opinions. I just got back from Wallstreet and saw the other two in the last two weeks.

I'll start with my favorite.

I thought the Social Network was great. I expected it to be a piece of pop culture trash but found it thoroughly entertaining. Regardless of its accuracy I thought the plot was interesting and the whole file was directed brilliantly

The Town was also very good. It was said to be up there with movies like the Departed. I don't know about that but it is definitely a movie I would recommend seeing. Afleck directed this one and I was surprised and pleased with how well he did. It is but another chapter in the boston crime film novel but it is an exciting one.

Wallstreet turned out to be a chick flick. I watched the old one last night and I thought it was better than the new one. I did enjoy the new one but I had higher hopes for it. It drug on a little too much and didn't have the same exciting feeling as the original.

Well, you confirmed that I was right to dodge the bullet on Wallstreet (Money never Sleeps). I saw the preview, saw Shia LeBeuff (sp), and Shia alone was reason not to go. Sadly, it would still have been better than a lot of other movies I've seen.

The Town was alright, but maybe that was just because I felt a bit let down as the preview really did tell you the plot of the movie. I kept on thinking "Bros before Hos" during the course of it :grin:

(Far better than the last movie I saw in theatres...:throwup:)

I had the opportunity to see Social Network for free, but I don't even have a Facebook account so I decided not to. I'm surprised to hear that you liked it, as I was also thinking it was going to be horrendous. The previews didn't do a good job of advertising the movie imo.

I saw Social Network...it was very good. Smart, intelligent, face-paced dialogue (of which Sorkin is well known), and based on some factual events that were obviously dramatized.

TJR

Haven't seen it yet myself, but I know many non-Facebook users who have said that The Social Network was superb. Based on that, don't let your non-Facebook-user status scare you off.