• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Wanted: Gen 1 topper

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpalm

Reaction score
Anyone live in Minnesota and have a topper they want to sell? I’ve checked Craigslist and local junkyards no luck.

took me a few years and watching ads in few close states to find one decent condition, one popped up in oklahoma and same color and got it, so worth the wait, the amount of space and as crazy as it might be i noticed a little better gas mileage, not sure why, so easy to take off and put back on, way easier then my jeep top, i will keep eye out for you.

Ended up scoring one from some guy a few towns over. The color wasn’t right and there were some holes in it so I ended up doing some bondo action and bought the raptor bed liner spray kit with a pretty close color match (dark blue). I am seriously impressed with how well it turned out. Much cheaper than automotive paint and it layed down great. Not a perfect match but good enough for this guy!

1A148983-970C-4B56-9B08-82FF522AD72F.jpeg

how much did ya pay for cap,,,nice find. since i got mine which was not perfect by far i have had quite a few trac owners asking if i would sell.

Looks good - I am also interested in what you paid - I have been searching here in North Bay California for a couple of years and finally bought the bullit and ordered a new one - pricey and 12 weeks manufactoring time

I paid $150 for it but honestly would have paid way more due to necessity. With our second kid due in November, the back seat will be too crowded for the dog. We needed to figure out a place to put her!

good deal, i looked at one while back with busted back glass and really scratched up and he wanted 350. by the time i checked out glass for it, he sold it.

Ended up scoring one from some guy a few towns over. The color wasn’t right and there were some holes in it so I ended up doing some bondo action and bought the raptor bed liner spray kit with a pretty close color match (dark blue). I am seriously impressed with how well it turned out. Much cheaper than automotive paint and it layed down great. Not a perfect match but good enough for this guy!
Great results from being resourceful! The matte finish is a good contrast to the polished metal finish.

Yeah I highly recommend that raptor liner to anyone as a cheaper and easier alternative to paint. Sprays awesome

I agree - looks good and saved you a brunch of money - the one I ordered is going to run me roughly 2 K - looks like your ingenuity paid off

I have only seen one for sale here in the bay area over the past five years and it needed new glass and hardware - I think they want 500 as is.....

kind of cool you were able to order one, i tried the a few of the main makers and said they would not make one, thats not a crazy price for a new one, the one for my f150 was more then that.. they really make a difference. form the dog to a naggy wife or both, plenty of room, tailgate down and air mattress for camping.

I was surprised I could order one as well - was initially told that Leer still made them as a special order ítem but when I went to order through a local retailer was told could not get a Leer but A.R.E was still making them so ordered that one