warranty info

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim parnell

Reaction score
looking at an '05 adren w/ 32k, was a lease vehicle, a certified pre owned (cpo) vehicle at a local ford dealer, info on dealer web site indicates there is a "limited warranty" for 6 yr or 75000 miles on the engine, transmission and more. My main ;question is: does anyone have 1st hand experience with this "limited warranty", as does it cover most things short of neglect and not doing the scheduled maintanence, or are there big gaps. I'm thinking of the infamous 2-3 tranny flair, etc., I haven't seen anything to indicate there is a cost for this "limitd warranty", as its a CPO in their mind or meets their qualifications for a cpo. Have not seen the actual written terms of the limited warranty, but was wondering if anyone had 1st hand experience.

I just bought an '05 Adrenalin 4X4 for my wife in December with 24,000 miles on it. It too was a cpo and has the 6/ 75. As you probably know it's a drivetrain warranty with $100 deductible for each repair visit. Ours still had three months left on the 3/ 36 warranty too. Haven't had any 2-3 flare with ours. We were told that was mostly with earlier models. There was no "extra" cost for the warranty but for a fee they would upgrade it for even better coverage. The more you pay the better the coverage. I declined the extra part.

Congrats on your purchase.

I haven't bought it yet, still looking, but like the overall look, etc (have an 02 4x4 now), the o5 has about 4 mos of 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty left as well, but was wa;nting to know more in detail about the drivetrain/motor warranty. Did you get some written info on what the ltd drivetrain warranty (6/75K) actually covers. I couldn't find any real detail on the web site that gave the basics on the extended warranty. It seems to me with the additional/extended warnty on the drivertrain/motor, etc (per the web site) it might be a decent deal, $100 deductible is not all that bad considering what it costs for repairs these days. Might be just some additional peace of mind, hope you like your 05,

Latest posts