Warranty Problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Torres

Reaction score
Does anyone have a customer service number for Ford. I purchased an extended warranty through Spartan Lincoln Mercury (a site sponsor) and cancelled it at 37K miles when I traded in my Sport Trac.

For the past two months I've been back and forth with them and they refuse to send me the check for the refunded amount. On at least two occasssions they have told me the check was in the mail then come up with an excuse for why I never recieved it. I confirmed through a local dealer that they have cancelled the warranty and a refund was issued by Ford to them but they refuse to send me a check for my portion.

If anyone has a customer service number or suggestions on the best way to deal with this I'd appreciate the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you finance the warranty in with the purchase price?

I did this once and when I cancelled, they sent the check to the bank rather than to me.

I would write a letter to them, rather than call, so you have written evidence.

Spartan has a great rep, I have been nothing but happy with their service, so I am sure this is a fluke. You just need to get the right persons attention.

Keep us posted though, I am preparing to buy one on DW's new Focus and my DS is looking to buy one from them for his 06 Ranger.

I would avoid buying your warranty from Spartan Ford despite the fact that they are site sponsors. They lied to me for two and half months and refused to send the check. On at least three occassions they said they'd mailed the refund check and had not.

I did finally get the issue resolved when I called Ford ESP Customer Service. The customer service people left a message with the dealership saying they had 24 hours to resolve the issue with me or they would debt the dealership for the $553 refund amount and sent me a check directly. Surprise, surprise the very next morning after two and half months I get an email from Rachael Williams at the dealership saying they've sent my check overnight.

Basically they'll sell you a valid Ford ESP warranty but if you have any issues (i.e. trade the vehicle in or total it) and need to cancel the warranty good luck. They won't help you unless you twist their arm. The whole experience with them left me so mad that I won't even buy anything from Rusty in Spartan's parts department anymore.