weird noise front end

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
noticed that my truck was making a grinding sound in the front end today was not sure if it was the tires or something a little more seriose the only way i can explain the sound is at 55 kmh is sounds like i am driving over rumble strips on the road, as i speed up to 110 kmh the sound changes and it sounds like i am driving on a par of snow tires.... I have had my tires looked at and they are wearing down was told i should get the winter out of them but should start looking at new ones, also had the front rotors and pad replaced last week so I'm not sure what is causing the noise, my wife says it sounds like a grinding sound. i looked under the truck today and noticed this part covered in oil and dirt not sure what this piece is called but it connects my front diff to my tire could this cause the noise, if so what part needs to be replaced like to have some idea before taking it to the dealership.

also is it safe to drive on I'm making the 5 hour drive from ottawa to toronto on sunday i have not noticed that it has got any worse in the last 2 weeks........

[Broken External Image]: