weird noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I was driving home from work yesterday and drove throught a construction area hit acouple of small bumps nothing big after exiting the end of the road i noticed that my truck had no power, I would step on the gas and my rpms would hit 4000 and my truck was having a hard time picking up speed. Pulled in to the drive way a min later checked under the truck and found nothing check the air filter and it was clean, today i took the truck out and it was fine no problems except i now notices a weird buzzing noise comming for the front drivers side floor the best was to discribe it is it sounds like a small electric motor, but i only hear it when i accelerate also happens in park in the driveway if i step on the gas and hit around 2000 rpms. not sure if this is related but also noticed that my cruise control is not working but that could have been like that for a while dont use it that often....My truck is a 2002 st with 225,000 km on it.... If anyone has any ideas let me know if not it will be off to the dealership...

Thanks Baker

You say this is an '02. Youre profile says it is a '09 V8.

I believe some had problems with early tracs having ECU mounts loose.

It had to be shimed where it slides into the firewall.

That might be Why this happened after a bumpy road. Rattled the conection.

Also if memory recalls, they also had a buzzing noise from the loose ECU mount.