weird thing happened to me today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julio R

Reaction score
Had an interesting thing happen to me today when i got home from work. I always back into my driveway, when i did it this evening as soon as i shifted into reverse the car jumped back and I could hear what was described as a "moaning" noise. After getting in to my driveway i figured I would go back and forth a few times to see if what I had experienced was a fluke it was not , as soon as i shifted into reverse the car would jump back and I would hear the moaning noise. Currently my trac has a little over 15000 miles on it. My 2 questions would be is this something i should get checked out? and has anyone had similar issues?

Last edited by a moderator:
xero,

Maybe the pressure control solenoid of the tranny is going, which could account for the lurch. Not sure what would make the moan, though.

TJR

Could it be the brakes doing it? I've heard a similar sound when backing up at a slow speed and light brake pressure. If that's the case, its normal. Pressure solenoid is a possibility also. Maybe the idle speed is set too high, causing the "jump/lurch". Bob

Could be a bad Throttle body, have seen a few do this..... best bet is let the dealer look at it if it continues to do it again.

Todd Z

Latest posts