what a day, my st is too slow.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
So today my wife calls me because the doctors wanted her in right away. I hop in the ST and get home and this is when it hit me. My ST is too slow, top speed is fine but really it needs more pickup. It also seems a little sluggish lately, I wonder if my brakes are dragging again. I just spent tons on stuff for the house and with a kid on the way my budget is low. So I have a CAI, what else can I do for pretty cheap to make this faster?

Yup, My Lead sled is 5100 lbs....

There are no real "cheep" things you can do.... Exhaust can be done cheaply for under 100 bucks, Throttle body, 135, I believe it only goes up in price from there..

Todd Z

The thing to do if you want SPEED is dump the truck & get a new Mustang GT 500 or Ford GT, or something along that line !! Remember, we have a truck & NOT a sports car......... Watch out for much higher gas price in the coming weeks if not in the coming days.

Have a good one.........

Do you have synthetic oil in your whole drivetrain? That includes the differential. I do recommend one of Todd Z's re-worked throttle bodies, as well as an SCT XCalibrator II with a couple of tunes; one for better gas milags & one for better performance.

edit: Also, you could have a dirty Idle Air Control Motor; that would be contributing factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really though, dropping the truck for a mustang with the kid on the way may not be the best thing ever. I have been looking into the chargers though. That and the EE SC for this thing. Neither one looks like it'll work out unless somehow I manage to get good bonus this year.

Get a Subaru! :) My Stage 2 WRX is fairly fast and has 4 doors. I have 2 cars seats in the back (one for my 3 year old and one for my 5 year old).