What are you Doing on This Long Weekend

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surfing at Diamond Head Saturday (if not too big), Outrigger Canoe Races in Waikiki Sunday, getting rid of tanlines on Monday, friends over Monday evening...clean up after my messy friends on Tuesday....

Going to FL for the week with my in-laws. The best thing is that I have another week off to recover from my vacation.:lol:

Y'all have a good one

Bob

It is going to be a regular weekend for me. We have shutdown next week, but I agreed to work to save my vacation time for later use. Next weekend will be my 4th of July weekend.

Tom

Well, I'm pulling double duty on the locksmith side of life. My friend and "competition" from Florence is taking 10 days off and he forwarding his phone to me. So I'll be fielding his calls and my calls. Work Work Work... my choice though.:rolleyes:

LaRue,

Honestly, is there that much of a demand for a locksmith? I have never called a locksmith out to get me back into my house. The only time I visit a locksmith is when I need keys made and I visit the little booth outside of Sears. Besides that, never.

I am just wondering.

Tom

Tom,

There is a lot more to locksmithing than unlocking car, houses & making keys. Locks are always breaking at different busniesses, either door or cabinets, jewelry counters, etc. Employees get terminated and doors need rekeying immediately, lost keys for ignitions, keys get broken in locks for homes & autos, transponder keys. Homes get broken into and need immediate help with getting locks rekeyed or replaced. Keys to filing cabinets or safes get lost or missed placed.

I'm sure LaRue can probably better explain it than I can, but I'm sure you get the jest of it. You would not believe how many people lock their keys in their homes or vehicles.

I've got the airfield pager, so movies, Final Fantasy Anthology, and lots of guitar playing. Maybe a barbeque if the co-workers put one together. But I have 4 days to pretty much do whatever here in this "tropical paradise"

as for locks i run a 750000 sqf building and i am always doing so sort of lock work from picking to rekeying. today alone i rekeyed 30 locks and had to cut 2 key each. it never ends

dewaxed dealers detail and Iced the trac today

Thadue guarding the tires so no other dogs pee on them.

[Broken External Image]:

picnic tomorrow

taking it easy

Finishing the permanent mount of the Garmin to my centre console. I need to pick up a rubber grommet for the wire pass-through, drill the hole in the plastic (not sure where yet), cut off the 12v plug harness, and wire into the hot and ground that I previously tapped for my iPod power source.

One down. A few more to go. :)

lol try working at a Texas prison if you want to be busy doing locksmithing. hahahahaha:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tom, I didn't realize how much work is out there until LaRue started doing it. We had two of our previous houses rekeyed so all the doors could use the same key and also for security, we didn't know who else had keys from the previous owner. Since yesterday afternoon LaRue has done about 8 jobs. Sometimes he is on his way and gets a call to do another. Just a little while ago he was doing a job in Florence, got a call to do a job in Sumter, before he got to the Sumter job he got a call to do another one in Darlington. He already has jobs set up for tomorrow for rekeying a house and putting in deadbolts and rekeying another.

Winter months are a different story, very, very slow.

Just chimming in,,, Tom:: Check out my day today.....

1AM, unlock a car, 330AM, unlock another car, 8AM, I left Florence and went to Latta and rekeyed 2 doors and replaced a bathroom door lock, drove to Bishopville and installed 3 deadbolts (drilling holes too), went back to Florence to rekey a house (12 locks). Picked open a bullnose 5th wheel lock on a GREASY trailer, drove to Sardinia and unlocked a car, went to Sumter to make an ignition key and programed it for a 06 G Cherokee, after stopping by the house and checking mail and here, I have to go unlock a laundry room door, so the lady can wash clothes in the am. Then wait for the next call. So far 250 miles on the ticker just today.... man am I tired!!!!!!!!!!!!:huh::huh: And I have 3 appointments scheduled for tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: