What could I have done wrong for this Diablo chip not to work at all?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Diablo chip with the 3 position switch. It is programmed for 87 octane, performance, and stock. I disconnected battery, removed computer, cleaned off the terminals, installed chip, put things back together, put negative bat. cable back on, and attempted to cranked engine. When I turned the key all I heard was silence. No crank, no starter initiation, no turn over, etc. Just silence! Please, I need some help on what I have done wrong or possibly didn't do. Thanks, Gary

IS the chip programed for your computer code???? IF not it will not start...

Todd Z

The chip doesn't always seat correctly when you slide the ECU unit back in the housing as well as over time, when it is seated correctly, gets mis-aligned. One of many reason I pulled it because of exactly what your experiencing.

Send it back and e-mail WFoy to get an XCal2 that doesn't require messing with the actual ECU unit.

Diablos are notorious for this. They dont seat properly, or when they do, and they arent programmed correclty, you experience what you are now.

Thats the main reason I sell more of the flash tuners than chips, as they are safer, more reliable, and you dont have issues like this.

I bet the horizontal support bar in the dash that the chip hits is causing it to sit crooked...I cut mine out, and got fed up with the chip bull SH(*.... and got a flasher from Wayne

Todd Z

Ya my old diablo was crap. t fried a o2 sensor and some fuses or a relay in the main computer. I took it back to get reprogrammed and havent heard a word back from the crappy svt performance here in az.