What do you think of this deal?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind the D3 unit only holds 1 Disk.

So your system will have to hold your NAV disk in trips and you will be unable to use it to play music.

Everyone says the IPOD interface is great...

The Bluetooth interface has issues with certain phones... Palm Treos seem to be the biggest issues!

The D2 is a sweet unit and you can get them for around $500or cheaper if you look hard.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Whit

D1 and D2 are the same unit... Just the D2 is a year newer and came with a different set of disks that updates on them... So if you get a new set of disks your D1 now becomes a D2.

D1 and D2 both hold a DVD Nav disk and have a slot for CD's - The down fall to the D1 and D2 is that it does not play Movies on DVD in the actual unit, you would need to get a DVD Changer to play Movies. Plus they do not have Blue Tooth abilities.

The D3 is this past years Model. - Single Disk bay. But it will play DVD Movies in the bay. Has Blue Tooth and a very good Ipod interface.

Biggest draw back to the D3 is that you have to have the NAV Disk in the drive... Plus the NAV disk holds other info like XM and Sirus Channel logo's so once you take it out of the drive you lose the logos.

The D3 will allow you to set a course and then take the disk out... But if you need to change the course you have to put the disk back in.. D1 and D2 you can change your route on the fly.

All 3 units have By-Passes to allow you to drive and change Nav location..

Cheers

Whit

All of these issues with the Nav. disc having to be in the D3 can be overcome by using a multi CD changer.

Evan, not a bad deal. Are any more available at this price? Can you PM me or send a link as I'm looking for a D3