What does my truck have

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Nash

Reaction score
hey guys i was wondering if there was a place on the internet maybe threw ford that i could type my vin number in and it would tell me what my truck cam with from the factory.

Boy, what laziness! Cant you get up and go out an look to see? :)

On a serious note, I have never found one. I did find a build sheet once in my dad's old K5 blazer that had everything listed on it, but that was the only vehicle I have ever seen that had one.

lol yeah i just am looking for a site that i can put my vin in and it will tell me what i got.

Post up what your looking for and we'll be able to tell you what you got better then a VIN decoder. To get any really good info, you've got to get access to Ford's OASIS system, a few members here can get access, but niether have posted in a long while.

I don't know about Ford but I emailed DC Customer Service for a "Build Sheet" on my 2006 Jeep and they emailed it to me the next day. I haven't investigated the possibility for my Trac.

I don't know of any sites available to the general public which will give a complete breakdown of vehicle components and equipment. There are several so-called "VIN decoders," but they merely decipher what each digit of the VIN stands for (the eighth digit is the engine code, for example, the 10th indicates the model year, the 11th the assembly plant, etc.))

However, EVERY Ford dealer has access to the complete line sheet for any Ford vehicle built since 2001, and can get a compehensive list of factory-installed options and equipment for most earlier vehicles back through the early '90s. Unfortunately, many are either too lazy, incompetent, or apathetic to supply a customer with this sort of information.

E-mail me your VIN & a fax #, and I'll get someone to send it to you.

The VIN gives you major stuff but isn't going to tell you what radio came in it or even (I think) what color. About the last half of it is just the sequential production number.

Latest posts