What is OEM soft tonneau

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Vincent

Reaction score
The soft cover that is on my truck now says "TRUCKTEC" on it. Is this OEM or has it been replace with an aftermarket?

Thanks

pnoid,

I suspect that you have an aftermarket cover. Soft tonneau covers are typically dealer installed options and most Sport Trac's do not come from the factory with soft tonneau covers. I suspect that most dealers will have a local truck accessory shop install those kinds of items if the customer requiests it, or the customer may have purchased the tonneau cover after he bought the truck.

If you have a soft cover with an aluminum frame with plastic corners, it may be a Ford cover. I understand that many of those covers had a problem with the plastic corner pieces breaking.

...Rich

pnoid,

I suspect that you have an aftermarket cover. Soft tonneau covers are typically dealer installed options and most Sport Trac's do not come from the factory with soft tonneau covers. I suspect that most dealers will have a local truck accessory shop install those kinds of items if the customer requiests it, or the customer may have purchased the tonneau cover after he bought the truck.

If you have a soft cover with an aluminum frame with plastic corners, it may be a Ford cover. I understand that many of those covers had a problem with the plastic corner pieces breaking.

...Rich