what lift to use?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brien Moore

Reaction score
I want to lift my ST. I have been looking at Camburg and Superlift. I need help deciding between the two. Any input would be very helpful.

what kit does camburg have for a 4x4. if it is the spindles they are only for a 4x2. you can do a TT/SL and a body lift also.my ST has a TT/SL with 265 75 16 mud tires

[Broken External Image]:

As far as I know, Camburg only makes kits for 4x2's. Also as far as I know, the Superlift kit is about all there is for a 4x4 but it should work on a 4x2. You could probably adapt a TrailMaster Ranger kit but it is weaker than the Superlift or adapt an RCD Ranger kit but that costs even more than the Superlift does. The front ends are the same but Rangers are sprung-over in the rear and can be easily lifted using taller blocks, while ST's and Explorers are sprung-under in the rear and you need new springs to get much lift. If you or somebody can cut and weld, it would be possible to convert a Trac to a sprung-over configuration in the rear which ought to be good for 4"-5" of lift. Johnstone has done this.

Bottom line on late-model Rangers and Explorers, a little lift is cheap (TT and shackles) and a lotta lift is expensive. Personally I'm not a fan of body lifts.

The Superlift is a good kit, however it does lower the front crossmember and torsion bars, so it does negate some of the lift you get. Okay for looks, general off-roading, and sand/dirt/mud. Not so good for rock crawling because the torsion bars are exposed big time. The RCD kit uses coil-over shocks and eliminates the torison bars, so it's better for rocks.

Latest posts