What performance mods?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy G

Reaction score
I have got an 01 ST, just purchased used a few months ago, and am getting ready to do some light modding. The cats are bad, so I am going to replace the y-pipe and the main cat with Random technology replacements, and I have some questions for you other modders:

Are the Random Technology parts the way to go? Any other brand I should check out?

Underdrive Pulleys? Available for ST? I can't seem to find any.....

Computer mod, Xcal2 the best option?

Mass air sensor and throttle body, should I upgrade? If so, where to buy?

Along with these mods in consideration, I am going to add the K&N FIPK, and move to an electric fan. I would be interested in a heavy duty radiatior as well, where to buy?

cheers,

First mods: Cold Air Intake, Exhaust. Then get an Xcal2 from member/sponsor Wayne Foy (WFOY). See the sponsors section of this site. Wayne can also give you a deal on the Random Tech stuff.

There was a post here sometime in the past month or two about underdrive pulleys, too... search for it and it should come up.

*edit* Found it. There's an "update" thread, too, but mostly it's just confirmation that this'll work.

Last edited by a moderator: