What to use on Bumpers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Merwin

Reaction score
I have tried so many different things to get both bumpers, and the black under the doors to look better, but they still look spotty and dull. What have others done to get these looking like new? I have an 05. Any and all input will be great. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Doug (AKA Papa Bear)

for something quick and easy, i use any of the foam cleaner that's used for tires. just spray it on and let it desolve/dry. it really makes mine shine.....until they get wet again, and then they spot like you're talking about, but for "quick and easy", can't beat it.

dutch

That's a good idea too, dutch. I use that stuff on the black plastic and rubber stuff in my engine compartment to dress it up.

At Louisville 2008, Dingo turned me on to the TW Ice for all the exterior plastic/rubber black/gray stuff, including the tonneau cover. It's great. Goes on with no streaks, can be applied in hot sun, doesn't run in the rain, and if you get a little sloppy and get some on the paint, just buff it out.:cool:

Thanks for the great ideas, and be sure I will try them. I hate just seeing them (as I feel)looking like crap. Thanks for the replies.

Doug(AKA Papa Bear):banana:

Agree with the majority here on the TW product. I use the "F21 Super Protectant" (fluorescent green bottle), on my tires and exterior trim. I avoid using ANYTHING on my interior. A frequent wiping down prevents any residue. I don't care if they say "non-greasy or oily", it's STILL slippery.

As for wheel wells and undercarriage vinyl and rubber I use "No Touch Original Tire Care Spray".

Very easy to apply and seems to prevent mud and residue from sticking. Inexpensive too.

The days using that "mystery liquid" with the "AA" initials are "Seventies Tech". Out of all the numerous choices, it would be my last. Talk about "greasy kid stuff". LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug go to the web site below, They make a "bumper" reconditioner that will eliminate that gray look and also stuff that removes any wax on the black plastic trim. It really works, then use whatever protectant you want to maintain it. Good Luck, Bob

I havent used it myself, mine are painted. But Stoners makes a cleaner protectant product. It is made for the unpainted bumpers and trim. One freind uses it, he likes it. It looks good to me but I dont have any experiance, with non painted bumpers..

I use meguirs dash and trim foam! It makes the trim look new again and not greasy or shiny. I also put it on the bedcover and bedrails as well as the roof bars and bumpers. Very good stuff!:)

Use the product called Back to Black. my cladding was faded horribly on my '03 and that stuff gave them a really nice grey tint and shine, looks brand new and lasts several weeks.

Hey Doug,

Can you fix or delete your signature..... It is playing havoc with the site...

Thank you

Todd Z

Latest posts