What tranny problem?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Ellis

Reaction score
See the link. According to their data the Trac does not have a transmission problem for 2003 and, I'm guessing, newer models. What we see reported here is biased toward the bad side. And, as many here are admitted performance enthusiasts, I suggest that many of the problems are self-induced.

My 04, purchased March 04, started slipping at 12K, about the same time we all received the tranny additive recall. No drivetrain mods.

Self induced would be right though - I did buy it in the first place :huh:

grump

Did they modify the engine and transmission from 1 year to the next? Looking at that site shows that only 2002 models posted a known issue with the tranny. How does this company ggather it's information? Too many factors come into play here. Just b\c some company claims there isn't a problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist, especially if the tranny is the same in each year.

I am a performance enthusiast, and I beat the crap out of my ST, and it's rock solid. Never slipped or anything.