What's Going On???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to say it dude, but this mystery might have to remain unsolved. :(

You should just chalk it up to "road wear" and keep a close eye on your neighbours at night :blink:

take the trac to a forensic lab, see if they can lift a DNA sample from the rim.

Is the only way to solve this mystery:blink:

Polished stainless steel is tough but extremely easy to scratch and not even no it when it happens. The sport bar on the back of my ST is polished like your rims and it scratches real easy. I have to go and polish it out again because I found more scratches.

[Broken External Image]:

That looks like the genetically engineered jumbo rabbit that Kim Jong Il famously imported...

That thing is enormous...world's largest mouse. Just another reason for the ye old shotgun, because don't want mickey on growth hormones running amok.

Just another reason, besides the jumbo insects and snakes and thousands of carcinogens, and most importantly the penis-eating fish, the Candiru.

"Help us Stop the Rain Forest"

Last edited by a moderator:
Stainless Steel scratches and gets printed up extremely easy. This is why appliances makes have started making the "stainless look" after stainless steel was already on the market. It's more scratch and print resistant, cheaper and lasts just as long.

It's probably a small animal.

Where's Magnum P.I. when you need him!!!

No, I've never been through a car wash. I don't trust anyone or anything else washing my trac but me. I never had to polish out any scratches from the rims yet so I guess we'll see if that works.

Well, so much for keeping my rims mint :blink:

All that extra careful parallel parking for nothing...

Alright, I'm just going with the idea that a mongoose is snacking on my rims so I can put my mind at ease a little. There hasn't been any new marks since these were inflicted, so I'll just say it was an isolated incident.

Thanks for the humor and for letting me rant ;)

Keola- As you know mongooses have no other interest besides food. Tucked my chili/rice deep in the shotgun compartment at Koolau G.C. last week after making the turn.

Golf cart was no further than 30 feet from the green. Couldn't have been more than five minutes to find my lunch on the cart floor almost completely eaten. Guess they get tired of eating fresh wild chickens. Akamai buggahs. Too bad rats are nocturnal. Rocket science.

Can only believe somone is extremely jealous of your drop dead gorgeous ST.

Have an HD cam with 1 lumen capability and a taser gun if you want to "observe" the culprit.

All I ask is you spare him/her a couple of fingers. ;)

Latest posts