What's up with this Sticker underneath my ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Just wondering, as I thought it was kinda interesting to see TSB info on my tranny, that has obviously been there since it was new.

Maybe it was an advisory to Service Depts. to let them know to look for revised procedures before that information was fully deployed in the Ford system (apparently completed by August 31, 2001):

TSB# 00-16-1 AUG 00 A/T - 'Prior To Repair' Tag Procedure Notice

This Technical Service Bulletin is a notification from the manufacturer to advise on new diagnostic and repair procedures. Also, this TSB may cover known vehicle problems, notifications about new and improved parts, warranty information, or service manual updates. ALLDATA offers Technical Service Bulletin and Recall Titles as a free service to inform you of these issues.

For $24.95 for the initial vehicle, $14.95 for each thereafter, you will have access to all the detailed Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls as well as diagrams, repair information, and maintenance information.

I have the same one on my '01 St, adn took pics and posted them here a long while back. The answer I got was that if the transmission needed work prior to that date, the dealer was to replace the whole transmission and send that one someplace where it could be looked into to see why it failed. I like to think of it as a beta test on the transmission that I am the guinea pig for... At about 70k my transmission needed about $700 worth of work for some of the solenoids. It would be interesting to see if other that had the solenoid problem had similar stickers on thier trannys...

Latest posts