What's your latest gas price?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still at 2.89 here in Utah.

The state has actually opened an investigation; apparently foundries dropped prices over 1 month ago, but gas retailers haven't lowered prices.

The state isn't happy..........

Yesterday in Waco, TX regular was $2.109, down from $2.159 the day before. Some places like Wal-Mart are selling regular for about $2.069. I have not had a chance to see what it is today.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
$2.19 in the SW suburbs right outside of Chicago. unfortunately, my truck is brand new and i'm only getting 15mpg :(

Joe said:
.... unfortunately, my truck is brand new and i'm only getting 15mpg

Get used to it, because that's all I ever get...15.x mpg, on my '04. And that's "around town" driving. Rarely do I ever put "highway" miles on her of any real amount (though I did put about 70 highway miles on her today).

Many here claim getting 17mpg and greater around town, but I would suspect they either drive VERY different than me, or have done some type of performance/tune mods.

TJR

TJR

Maybe it's what you define "around town" as. I drive 50 miles each way to and from work every day, and for most of the trip I have the cruise control on. That's from North Houston to South Houston, so I consider it "around town".

I saw 1.99 yesterday, average is about 2.09.

Wonder how much further it'll fall before the election? 'Cause, of course, it'll come right back up afterwards. Wonder if the drastic decrease will be the drastic increases undoing? In about a month, in my area the average cost per gallon has dropped about 80 cents, if, at Christmas, we're paying the same as we were in July instead of October, will the public finally cause enough ruckus to get something done? Probably not, as even though the American public has the combined resources, getting all of America to agree on anything is about as easy as getting a horse to the moon.

Getting a horse to the moon would actually be much easier. This country gets more and more divided each day, IMO.

Dreman if you are "on cruise control", then that's not "around town", IMHO.

- City = around town = stop and go = frequent accel, deccell = NO cc (cruise control)

- Highway = NOT around town = relatively constant speed for long periods = cc possible

The fact that your town has highways that you drive miles and miles on, and still be in the same town, IMHO, makes it NOT a town... ;-)

TJR

2.19 has been the lowest I've seen around here, but the price has steadily dropped at least 3 cents, if not more, every day or two for the past few weeks.

Tom,

A lot of things will go up and down before and after the election. There is no connection between gas prices and the election. Gas and oil prices are based on what speculators think will happen and they are the ones who are motivated by profit.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator: