wheel spacers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The short answer is they are safe up to about 2", on the ST's rear axle (we're talking about quality spacers, btw). Beyond 2", and you start getting into a gray area where they may begin to add stress to the axle assembly. I'm not sure if there's a consensus on the safety of having them on the front wheels, though. Be aware that some tire stores may not want to mount wheels on your spacers, due to liability concerns. I'd rather do that myself anyway, because it's not a good idea to over-torque the wheel nuts on the spacers, especially if they're aluminum.

Beyond that, the best way to help you is to advise you to use the Search feature. I know people say that all the time, but in this case, it's especially true. This topic has been discussed to great length, and there's no way to consolidate all of it into an answer here.

Click on the Search button at the top of the screen and use "wheel spacers" as your keywords. Select "All posts" and you will find an enormous amount of info.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put 2" spacers on the rear of my ST last month. Simple project and I found the place on EBAY. They had them in stock, I called several other places to get them and was told they make them for each order and it would take 3-4 weeks before I would get them. These are billet spacers and a very good quality.

http://www.trailsport4x4.com

Latest posts