wheel well trimming!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan betts

Reaction score
hey can anyone help me! i have an 01 st 4x4 with a three inch body lift. i am getting bigger tires for it but i've been told that i may have to do some trimming to it in order for the front tires not to rub. i want to put 33'' super swamper TSL or LTB tires on it! can anyone tell me a good way to trim the wheel well so that it doesnt look bad?

You could get new fenders, someone was selling some earlier. I can't belive you would need wheel well trimming with a 3" lift and only 33" tires. My ranger came with 31s stock and I'm fairly certain a 3" lift would easily clear 33s.

The trimming referred to is located at the front and rear of the base of the wheel well for the front tires. The rubbing occurs when the tires are turned sharply in one direction or the other. After the tires and wheels are mounted turning them from lock to lock you will see where they "might" rub. I used a dremmel to trim the plastic. All of this is hidden inside the wheel well. Good Luck......

I have a 3 inch body and the 2 inch TT/SL and 33 inch BFG ATs. I had to do some trimming and it still rubs when im in reverse with a full turn of the wheel. So without the TT/SL and the TSL's you probably will have to do some trimming. You shouldnt have to trim on the outside, so you probably wont have to cut any of the actual fender on the outside (painted parts) just the plastic parts on the inside that arent visable.

i have the same set up as adam and i agree with him. you can also get spacers or offset wheels to clear the rub but you will have to trim the cladding behind the wheels in the front