Wheels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
My original ST wheels were factory 16x7. I am over my aftermarket wheels and want to put on a set of steelies. I found a set for very good price 16x6. Is this a problem?

Thanks

I have been checking Craigslist everyday for the Crown Vics and cant find them. I could probably get them at a used wheel/tire shop but they want a much higher price for them.

Yeah, I have the 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's on mine too...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a set of 17" steelies rims with tires 215-65R-17 off a Chrysler 300 I am going to go check out. I am trying to see if they will fit matched up with this guide. The bolt pattern should be the same but what about offset and center hub diameter and stud size. Do I need to worry about that?

So I purchased from Craigslist the steelies rims with tires 215-65R-17. They are brand new takeoffs from a Chrysler 300. I paid $225.00. The difference in my Sport Trac is simply remarkable. Granted I was running 20" rims with way oversize tires. The tire shop that put the new wheels on for me said it was close to a 100lb per wheel/tire difference between my old wheels and new wheels(I'm sure this was exaggerated but the point was made). The performance with the new wheels was shocking to me, I had gotten so used to the old heavy wheels. Incredible felt speed/power increase, brakes grab significantly harder and I can complete a U turn without having to back up three times to keep the tires from rubbing. I am so glad this worked out for me. So far the only problem I can see is that the wheels are 17". This appears to be an unusual wheel size. If anyone has a source for either 17" full moons spun stainless steel or 17" Ford factory centers like above or Ford baby moons like on the police cars please post a link or let me know the source.

Thanks guys!

Latest posts