Where's the sticker?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Bentley

Reaction score
I can't find my little sticker that has the info about axle weights, etc. that is normally on the drivers door. It doesn't appear to ever have had one there. Can anyone tell me where else it might be on my 2005 STA? :banghead: I'm wanting to know what axle gears I have.

Thanks,

Mark

Don't know if it moved by 2005, but on my 2001 it's on the door.

Searched both sides of the truck and on every door and jam. Nothing. There is one sticker no the lower post between the front and rear doors that has info about tire sizes and inflations but that's it. Unless the sticker I'm after is under that sticker. :angry:

This has me wondering if at some time this drivers door might have been wrecked. There is supposed to be a piece of weather stripping that attaches to the bottom of the door that's about a foot and a half long, that is not there. There is also supposed to be a small round rubber bumper on the bottom corner of the door that is missing. That might explain why there is no sticker.

Those bumpers come off at the car wash when they clean the door...LOL

But I bet the truck was wrecked, But again the shop should have transfered the sticker. But sadly I bet the truck was wrecked..

Todd Z

If you're speaking of the Vehicle Certification label with the VIN, spec codes & barcode it a felony to remove/replace/alter it. If the door is replaced that the label is on you can not remove the label from the old door and place it on the new door....... according to the DMV license & Theft inspector here.

you can not remove the label from the old door and place it on the new door

Steve,

It would nice if they were reqiured to. Get some type of DMV certification. Just for the build specs. Minus vin and barcode. It could save alot of guess work, research.

The certification label can only be ordered by a dealer. We have to fax in a request with all the information available to Ford. It takes about a week to get the sticker. The dealer's Ford rep may need to inspect the vehicle before the label can be ordered. Check with your local Ford or Lincoln dealer.