Who’s added an aftermarket 9” or bigger head unit in their ST? Pics or feedback?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the same video and am contemplating the purchase too. I wonder if it has held up over time and you will have the same success.
Well if it dont, ill replace it with a pioneer

I stalled this one in my '09.
https://www.amazon.com/DAH10D-10-1inch-Display-ATOTO-Receiver/dp/B08ZJPG2K6It's been in there for a year and a half now and I am very happy with it - mostly because it is essentially an Android tablet mated to some stereo bits which allowed me to install and customize my own interface. So I run a 3rd party car app and have live Torque gauges (reading directly from the OBD) displaying on my main screen along with music/nav apps etc.
The vents in the 2nd gen suit this type of HU better than the 1st gen as well.

I saw the same video and am contemplating the purchase too. I wonder if it has held up over time and you will have the same success.
I’m sure NorgeMan and I are both keeping our “made in China” fingers crossed on product durability. But aren’t we all!?

I haven’t started the project yet but I considered buying the bezel from eBay to expedite the process. The heat from the factory unit is high and probably caused the paint to peel so I bought the plastic adhesion primer and paint. I’m fairly confident of success having done several projects on my 02 Boxster including the OEM touchscreen and OBC installation wiring. I retire this month so I’m taking my time with it and will post any significant progress or issues going forward.

Just go to the local pick N pull and grab the interior trim you want. I pulled a Center bezel, console, instrument bezel, vents, plus some other harnesses and switches, all for $42 the other day. All in great condition.

Just go to the local pick N pull and grab the interior trim you want. I pulled a Center bezel, console, instrument bezel, vents, plus some other harnesses and switches, all for $42 the other day. All in great condition.
Great idea now that I've retired and have all the time without all the money. I have been meaning to pull a driver side lower seat cushion that way as well.

I think i paid around $100 for mine off ebay. Found a few rangers but no explorers to nab one from. Nothing wrong with my stock one, i just wanted one with the factory rear defrost switch to wire up my heated mirrors.

Latest posts