WHO HAS THE WORST POTHOLES / STREETS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nobleman,

It takes a really big runaway ramp to slow a semi that has been careening down a 5 -10% grade for 5-10 miles.

I remember kicking my vehicle (a Chevy Spectrum at the time) into neutral a few times just to see how quickly the speed would build. I could be racing down the hill at 85 - 90 mph within about 30-40 seconds, with my descent beginning at 55 mph.

Those runaway truck ramps are graded with deep layers of gravel and dirt so that the truck tires will dig deep into that to help slow the truck down. There's one of those along I-17 between Phoenix and Flagstaff, but it's not nearly as long or steep as the one pictured.

Dre, I agree, NY, But when i was in MA the roads there suck just as bad as NY, SO i say a tie....

Todd Z

Michigan roards arent crap compared to NE Ohio. Columbus roads are really nice, I think that is because Gov. Taft lives there. NE. Ohio suck!!!

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
The Detroit area has got to have the worst. BTW...I think I saw a slope like that runaway truck ramp in Innsbruck, Austria....they used it for a down-hill ski jump at the site for one of the old winter Olympics!

Latest posts