Who here works at a company that sells stainless nuts and bolts ??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I believe some on a while back Emailed me that they work at a hard wear company or something that carries nuts and bolts???

Any one ???

Thanks

Todd Z

Kris,

You have a voice mail at work !!

Todd Z

Or call me now at 6316762263

Thanks

My company has a lot of nuts, a bunch of screw ups, plenty of shafts, some tools even, no bolts though. You may have them all for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
My uncler owns a specialty fastener shop. I worked there for 3 years before I got a real job.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the info, it was real helpfull......

shessh,....

Todd Z

Todd,

What is your problem? You simply asked who here works at a specialty fastener shop. I simply responded that my uncle owns one and I used to work there.

What was wrong with that answer. You never said what type of fastener you were looking for. You never said what type of material what you were looking for.

What is your problem?

Tom

Actually, he asked for a place that sells stainless steel nuts and bolts. He didn't ask about specialty fasteners.

In case you didn't notice, gauman2 works at a company that sells these items, and you appear to have indirectly implied he doesn't have a real job. I'm kind of surprised about that, since you have always seemed to be proud of your hard-working, blue-collar roots. Everyone's job is important. It puts food on their table.

Thank you Nelson, basically my point....

Noblemans answer I found very funny.

Tom your answer
I worked there for 3 years before I got a real job

Was simply degrading to any one that works at a place that sells nuts and bolts....

A job is a job, it pays the bills.

My problem??

I guess the title saying " Who here works at a company that sells stainless nuts and bolts ?? " Was unclear ????

Thats my problem.

Todd Z

In no way was I degrading anyone for their career choice. There are many companies that sell fasteners since fasteners hold just about everything together.

Anyone that has worked for family knows it isn't a real job, no matter what they pay.

If that is the way I came across about gauman2, I am sorry. That was never my attempt.

Now, lets look at the difference between a place that sells Stainless Steel fasteners and a speciality shop.

Home Depot and Lowes sells stainless steel nuts and bolts. I can pretty much guarentee that they will have EVERYTHING you don't need and nothing you do need. If you luck out and find the size you want, they will have everything, except one thing so you are unable to finish the project.

A speciality shop sells stainless steel fasteners of all shapes and sizes. If they don't have it,. they can get it within a day or two.

If you wanted a place that sells stainless steel bolts, go to Home Depot. You are not going to get what you need, but they sell them. So, if I worked at Home Depot, I could say I work at a place that sells stainless steel nuts and bolts and I would be 100% correct.

Ask 90% of fastener houses for a metric bolt in stainless steel and you are not going to get it.

Tom

Tom,

Here on Long Island believe it or not, Home Depot and Lowe's do not carry

stainless steel anything. The only place that does is True Value and for the bolts

we need it was way to expensive to get as many as we needed. That's all.

How's the meet coming?

Paul H

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, with all the rain we are having in the area and the weather reporting rain and just bad weather, I decided to cancel it.

I sent everyone I could think of in the area an email along with my email adress.

I think it was a bad weekend to plan the meet. I was put on first shift this week to get recertified to the new NAVSEA specifications and such, I figured a drag strip meet would be different.

They only have test and tune events a few times a week and seldom on saturday. It was great timing for me, just bad timing for everything else....weather, holiday weekend..etc.

Maybe later this summer.

Tom

Well I spoke to Kris at swaco and made my purchase !!!!

I would like to thank him for his customer service and speedy turn around time !!!!

Prices were very fair and I am happy with the purchase...

Thanks

Todd Z

That Nutty place has very good prices on what they've got in stock. When I need something hard to find, I often need to go with McMaster-Carr. McMaster isn't cheapest, but they're not as expensive as Fastenal or Grainger and they have a wider selection overall.