Who says Sport Tracs can't haul big loads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
13 sheets of OSB

12 2x4x8'

6 2x4x10

2 2x8x10 pressure treated

2 2x8x8 pressure treated

3 bails of insulation

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I am the reigning king of the overloaded Sport Trac.

[Broken External Image]:

Approximatly 80 frozen turkeys for charity.

[Broken External Image]:

1 yard of top soil. Weight of approximatly 2300 LBS.

[Broken External Image]:

5,000 lbs of scrap metal.

The largest load was train wheels. Each wheel weighed 800 to 900 LBS each. I had 8 on the trailer. The trailer, unloaded, weighs 1400 LBS. So total weight was about 8200 lbs. Include the Trac in there and that "little" V6 was pulling over 13,000 lbs. (sorry no pics)

So, yea the Trac can be abused and still keep running...

Tom

1990 35th Anniversay Edition Thunderbird Supercoupe. From Ohio to Chesapeake, VA over the mountains. No problems. When I went to pick it up the guys said my truck was not powerful enough to handle it...[Broken External Image]:

That's impressive. I have a part time job at a drive-through lumber yard and all that stuff is pretty heavy. Good luck with the project.

I discovered termites in my garage the Friday night before the Monday when a crew were coming to put new windows & siding on my house. This was all the wood to fix the termite damage.

We pulled our old Ford Contour from Houston to Tennessee (about 1,000 miles) on a tow dolly when the Trac was only a couple of months old. Pretty flat at first, but more and more hilly as we approached Knoxville. Not one problem other than a nail in a tire! That was 225,000 miles ago.

Then just last week we were emptying out a storage unit of old file boxes. I lowered the back seat and filled the area with boxes of paper, then put the bed extender on and filled the bed to the roof with file boxes. 100' of rope around the tie-downs kept everything on. Then I put two folding tables on the roof rack. I didn't want to make another trip!

A lot of weight, but I think Tom still has me beat!

Years ago, I hauled 4 sheets of 3/4x4x8 treated plywood, a dozen treated 2x4's, and a knocked down 8 ft x 8 ft double wall plastic storage shed.

I've also hauled a load of traprock that made it squat down to within an itch of bottoming out.

Here's the shed:

904460612f946cdd8dffaee6344c02a1.jpg

re: Who says Sport Tracs can't haul big loads by CaymenMember Profile4 Member Projects,5/24/2010 12:03 ET

1 yard of top soil. Weight of approximately 2300 LBS.

I did 2 yards. By opening the bed extender & lining the box with a tarp. I put 130 lbs of air in my shocks. I drove to the garden center with the Trac jacked up like a Rat Fink race car & boy did she did drop when the load was put in.

Luckily I only had to drive 2 miles

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did 2 yards.

Your calculations are off. The bed, with the tailgate closed fits exactly 1 yard. With the extender down will not add another yard.

Gary, what does your comment mean?

Tom

tom,

look up the definition of "flattery"

gavin,

check to see which vehicles has a higher tow cap, sport trac or toy 4runner.

thats "Howcum" :grin:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

tom,

look up the definition of "flattery"

I know what the word means. That word is not in your spelling book. You had to look for that one.

This behind your "Compliment" is why I am asking...:bwahaha:

If you are laughing about the house in the background, it is not mine.

Tom