Who's got the loudest sub

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan Darbyshire

Reaction score
Ive been looking to buy a 13w7 and 1000/1. I looked around at the mtx 9500 15" sub too, any one have any prefs on which is better

and whos got the nicest subs on here and where do you have them? pictures?

I have tried MTX and have a 13W7 in my ST, and let me tell you the JL 13W7 has blown away every sub ive heard to date, goes deep and low, really good clarity... Wouldnt change it for another sub.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Box is 2.3cuft ported, tuned to 30hz, on a JL 1000/1, and its awesome... really, really awesome ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also agree and prefer that a w7 is the way to go, every w7 I have heard has blown away any sub I have heard. Defintely go with the w7.

boodro

W7 is such a sick sub. Snooze has a pretty nice setup with some xtants 2. My kickers are ok for what they are but no W series.

Never heard a 15" 9500, but I heard a single 10" 9500 running off a JL 1000/1 in an Accord and it could take your breath away...

I think XST's kids will have brused kidneys after a ride in that ST.

Just make sure you have plenty of pampers.

Nice ride. :rolleyes:

the W7 kicks butt. I use to have two 12 kicker comp VR's and i thought that was loud, then I heard the W7 in a 350Z and I was in shock.

Question: Do you have any vibration problems?

I might not have the loudest sub, but I will have a clean set up here soon with pictures. I'm working on my install soon as the rest of the misc stuff gets here.

New setup will be:

Alpine IVA310 HU, Alpine S634 CD Changer, 4x - Alpine SPR-57C 5x7"s Powered by a Precision Power PCX440 amp, 2x - Alpine SPR-13S 5 1/4" Components in Custom Kick Panels Powered by the HU, 4x - JL Audio 10w1v2 (2007 Version) Powered by a Precision Power PCX2400 amp. The JL's will be located in: One Adrenalin sub enclosure under the driver side rear seat, One Probox sub enclosure under the passenger side rear seat, Two in a JD Boxes dual 10" box located behind the rear seat.

Again not sure if going to be the loudest, but should be very clean. Other misc items include, Optima Yellow Top Battery, Stinger wiring, Stinger Pro Hybrid 10 Farad Capacitor. (Might put either my XBOX360 or PS3 in as well) Its all in the works...

[Broken External Image]:

Center console setup.. no seating loss, and I have my amps in the storage compartments.

For a single 10 it's pretty loud. I wasn't trying to be real loud, though I wanted it to sound good, and it fills nicely while still providing some decent shakes. I have EVERYTHING sound deadened though, roof and floor included. No sound escapes my trac.

Sub is a 2006 version of Ascendant Audio Assassin. They are a smaller company and if I'm not mistaken one or more of the designers/engineers came from Resonant Engineering which is/was regarded very highly in the car audio world.

There are a lot of other smaller brands that you can get that would be just as loud and sound as good as a W7, while costing a lot less. But this isn't a car audio forum. If you want more info head over to

I ordered a 8w3v3 months ago and they are still back ordered. I just put in a m-series Memphis 8 and so far I'm not so happy with it. Could be my system still needs tweeking.

Unless you live in the ghetto, I don't really understand the fascination with a really loud sub. Mines not that loud but it sounds clean. Having a sub is the only way to go. There's just no way to get good base out of door speakers.

I think mine would be in the running for the loudest setup with no loss of legroom and with the seats still able to be fully folded down. Those were the only two things I was not willing to give up. Power, money, build and install time did not matter to me at all. Matter of fact except for the very top of the amp you can't even see anything unless I fold the seats down.

I need to clean up the wiring some, and I'm contemplating painting the cap black to match everything else.

I used a Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW1200F shallow mount 12" woofer in a custom built enclosure with about .9ft^3 of space. I used 3/4" MDF and carpeted it. I powered it with a Kenwood Excelon KAC-X1R mono amp running 600wrms into 4 ohms. It hits very deep and loud and handles the power very well.

One more thing - I did not drill any holes in the truck at all. The grounds are attached to the seat belt bolt, the amp and cap are mounted to the top of the box and the box itself is wedged in there pretty good all by itself. All the wiring uses existing holes and did not need any modifications.

JD - I ended up building my own enclosure so I still have yours as a spare ;)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts