Why the ST release was in Texas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Woodson

Reaction score
I just read this on USATODAY and it reminded me of when Ford moved the get together from Louisville to Texas.

Pickup makers shoot it out for bragging rights (and sales) in Texas

Posted 10/12/2006 9:13 PM ET

By Sharon Silke Carty, USA TODAY

SAN ANTONIO — Anywhere else, Joy Meadows would seem out of place.

The 31-year-old law student at St. Mary's University here hauls herself around south Texas in a shiny black 3/4-ton Ford F-150 pickup. She's been driving Ford trucks since she was 18 and considers herself unusual not because she drives a pickup, but because the pickup she drives is so big.

"They say everything is bigger in Texas. Maybe I'm evidence of that," says Meadows of her truck, which has a sticker plastered to the back window proclaiming "Real Women Drive Trucks."

- CUT - See link for the rest

That is Cool! :cool:

As I understand it the reason that Ford strongly urged us to move the National ST Meet from Louisville in June to Dallas in September was because the Louisville plant stopped production of the ST in June of '05 to retool, and they knew the they were going to unveil the '07 ST in Dallas but could not tell us that information probably for security reasons. They also wanted to have MySportTrac.com members at the press release, which was very cool in my opinion. :D

Rodger, don't forget that they were not going to/be able to support the L'ville meet like they had in the past due to the Dallas shindig, Including no LAP tour which is a big reason for having the meet there.

That had to be a typo on the writer side....after all a Texas gal that drives a truck...knows her truck! ha ha! ;)

Latest posts