Wii games for 5 year old

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Maurer 2

Reaction score
Grandma has given in and decided to bless my son with a Wii for Christmas. What games are good for the youngsters? Any bundles? :cool:

There's an arcade one that would be appropriate--ski ball, darts. etc. We will also have a new "Monster Trucks" game that looks OK for my 5 year old. Our Wii had a Sports Pack with it and it has the basics like basketball, tennis, etc. Check with Grandma to see if the Wii comes with any games.

Mario supper slugger is great for my five and eight year old. But the five year old beats us both! many levels and things to do.

Any mario based game, like mario baseball, super mario brothers, mario tennis, etc. Also the wii play and wii sports and great to excercise and fun with other friends.

Anything with Mario or Wii in the name of the game will be a good way to go.

Mario strikers soccer

mario galaxy

wii sports

wii fitness etc., etc.

Not all we games are kid friendly.

such as

Redsteel or House of Dead

just need to check the games

most have ratings on them any ways for different age groups

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure they are all for kids!!

Walking down the Video-Game isle it seems that all teh Wii Games are kiddy ones and look like they are all for 5yr olds!?

:wub:

Now PS3 and 360 are a different story

LOL...everyone forgot the best Mario game and the one my 5 y/o son loves the best...Mario Kart.

Also, they have the pet games with dogs and cats.

Animal Crossing

Hasbro Family Game Night (Connect Four, Battleship, Sorry Slidders, Boggle)

Endless Ocean

Cars (the Movie)

Sims

SpongeBob

My daughter's getting Dora Saves the Snow Princess for Wii, Daddy is getting Call of Duty: World at War and the family is getting Guitar Hero III...

My 4-year old daughter loves Carnival, Wii Sports and Wii Play. Since the only other two games we have right now are Link's Challenge and Monster Truck Racing, those are the only ones she can "play" (and I do use that term loosely on some of the different aspects).

There are A LOT of games out there for Wii that are geared towards young children, one of the best parts of the Wii system in my opinion. Go take a look at your neighborhood Walmart, Sam's, K-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City or Game Stop (G.S. is VERY expensive though). Take a look at Amazon.com as well. There are all kinds of fun stuff for the kiddos.

Game Stop is expensive, but you can buy used games there. Saves you a little bit. I have purchased 5 games from them without any issues.

Also check Target out. They mark down the slow selling games all of the time. They don't keep them in the glass case with all of the other new/hot games.

The few games I've looked at that were used at Game Stop were $2-3 cheaper than NEW at Walmart.... Not bad with a $15 game, but a $50 game... not good enough, especially since there will be scratches, possibly missing manuals, 50/50 with an origional case...

Latest posts