WIND NOISE

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik singh

Reaction score
On my 2001 ST, I get air noise on the back top corner when crusing at speets of 50 miles..soes the rubber seals need to be replaced? Because i know it not the window seak leaking i thin it the door..does any one have any tips?

There is a project that will show you how to add the weather seals that the 04 and newer Tracs have. It make a pretty good improvement. It is a unit that fits between the rear and the front door. I did it to my 03 and STRONGLY suggest it.

Coastie-- you do think it was worth it?

I might have to do mine.

Most of my wind noise seems to come from the A pillars or rearview mirrors.

There was an issue with the window seal on the 01's at the top-rear corner of the window. On my 01 I oculd stop the noise by pressing the rubber seal against the door frame. A dab of silicone RTV between the rubber and the door frame stopped the noise. There were some discussions about it a while back, but they're stuck in the archives now. Todd Z posted a project about the B-pillar door seals.

All I can say is that in my 03 it made a difference enough for me to notice it. And to be honest with you. I am fairly deaf for those types on noises from an explosion in Kuwait. I had my right ear drum blown out and my left ear drum torn. After I was healed, (as far as the military is concerned) I suffered a substantial upper hearing loss. I have almost no hearing from the 4500 range up.

Wind noise is in that range and I could hear a difference after doing the project.

After I installed mine I posted so insight on how to install them. If you do a search you should find it. It added to the existing project and I feel made the install a bit easier or smoother.