Window Tint ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the % tint is that will match the back side windows? Also, there are some do it yourself kits on ebay. Not worth the trouble or what? Average cost to do the front windows. Thanks everyone.

Gary D. in CT

I paid around $75 as well for my front windows. Mine are down to 35% which isn't as dark. To match or at least come close, you would need to get around 20%. Hopefully you can find a shop that'll apply it that dark.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
20% is a little bit too light and 15% is a little bit too dark. Both are just slight variations, but I went with 20% on my front windows and it matches pretty closely.

Gary, mine is 20% in the front and that was the best match the tint shop said they had. In MO anything less than 35% is illegal on the front, although tinting is no longer on the MO inspection. So far I haven't got pulled over. :) -Heather

[Broken External Image]:

p.s. was $100.00 under the table

the erar windows are tinted at 21% I got my front ones tinted at 30% and I live in a province where you are not allowwed any front window tint. Have yet to have any problems.

Got my fronts done at 35% which is legal limit in GA. $65 for both. 20% on rear doors an back glass +/-.

[Broken External Image]:

Mine is an '01 and to match the back I think they put either 15% or 20%.

I think the newer cars have it even lighter in the rear so the police can see into the vehicle easier. I think the new cars are around 30-35%.

A guy I work with got th epre cut tints off of ebay. They are pretty good.

confused! "20% of light goes through" or "20% of light is blocked"?

which is darker-- higher % or lower %? Heather seems to say that % is amount of light that goes through, but JohnnyB's seems to indicate % is amount of light that is blocked.

thanks

confused! "20% of light goes through" or "20% of light is blocked"?

which is darker-- higher % or lower %? Heather seems to say that % is amount of light that goes through, but JohnnyB's seems to indicate % is amount of light that is blocked.

thanks

i have 20% all the way around and 35% on my windshield no it is not legal and i need to go darker:lol: another 50% on my windshield and 35% on my front doors note the expy in the back ground with factory tint like the ST.:lol:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

This is mine. When I got it I told the guy to match the back windows.

This year I was pulled over by the police in Manhattan and he pulled out a tint meter. Turns out my front windows are 17%.

[Broken External Image]:

Ebay Do it your self pre cut tint..

Todd Z[Broken External Image]:

I want to thank all who posted, and for all the great pictures. This really helped and cleared things up... to a dark tint:lol:

Gary D.

Latest posts