Windows 7

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was on the windows7 page.

Watch the calendar. The Beta expires on August 1, 2009. To continue using your PC, please be prepared to reinstall a prior version of Windows or a subsequent release of Windows 7 before the expiration date. (See installation instructions)

I remember using the Apple IIe's in middle school and high school. My first computer was a Tandy 1000 EX with all the available upgrades including the CGA/EGA video and monitor!

I loaded IE8 and my computer has gone to hell. MY own personal websites wont even come up without refreshing each page. Uninstalled it, now IE7 is crap..................:angry::angry::angry:

You guys have taken me down memory lane.

The first "PCs" I used regularly growing up:

- Commodore Pet (used in school),

- Commodore Vic 20 (neighbor),

- Commodore 64 (college roommate),

- Apple IIc (parent's first family PC),

- IBM XT clone (self-build...a budding Michael Dell).

25 years changes a lot in the PC industry.

Still have my eye on an Acer Mini Laptop for $350...and that single PC would have more horsepower, storage and memory TIMES 1000 than all the above together, and costs less than even the least expense of the above single "PCs", especially when adjusted for inflation.

TJR

Nelson not internet explorer windows explorer basically the heart of the operating system.

The kernel is actually the heart of an operating system.

explorer.exe only allows users to browse files and folders using the GUI (graphical user interface). If you go to the task manager and end explorer.exe Windows will still run but you won't have any icons to navigate.

I think I'll stay with XP till 7 becomes final. Then I may try it.

People still use IE?!?!?!?

Firefox rocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windows 7? I'm still using DOS 3.3 on a 8088 processor with 1 MFM 20 MB and 1 RLL 20 MB hard drive.

I refuse to upgrade. This systems works fine.

I treated myself to a new HP laptop I guess for Christmas, dual core Intel 3G mem 320g hd with 32bit Vista. Can't say I like the Vista too much but then I have been playing around with it since I beta tested it for MS. I also downloaded the 32 bit version of Windows 7 and partitioned my drive and installed it yesterday. It is as the others have said, it seems to be a far cry above Vista. It's basicly the same program with the junk taken out. I don't know if MS intentionally left :wub::wub:some of the controls out that enable you to change things around in the personalization area or not but it seems to be quite restrictive as to what you can change. I tried to move some desktops from my Vista installation and put them in the 7 installation and it said they pasted but you can't see them. It will be nice to see the finished product later this year.

Jim

Latest posts