Windshield wiper blade size?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Hedrick

Reaction score
So my wiper blades were completely trashed after this past winter. Only had the Trac ('01) since December of '04, and I hadn't changed the blades yet. Went to AutoZone and picked up some Bosch 18" blades, the ones that all the books said would fit the Trac. Seem to work exceptionally well...except it looks like the old ones were 19", as they're noticeably shorter. Tried to take them back and exchange them for 19's, but they said they wouldn't exchange them once I'd installed them. I don't mind buying new ones and keeping these as emergency backups, but I was wondering if anyone else had 19's instead of 18's.

I think on my '01 I actually have a 20 and 21. I would have to go out and measure to be sure... Those bosch blades are the best. I have those on my ST, and have the Bosch Icon blades on our 300. The Icons work great, but I was not too sure of the looks of them. I guess they have grown on me...

18 is the stock size, but the bigger blades give you more visibility, and there are no ill side effectthat I have seen in my '01, and they have been the bigger size since '01.....

Yeah, the smaller ones definitely cut into my visibility. I'm 6' 2", and where the 18" go up to is not too far above my line of sight. Would like to have a larger area.

Stock 18" I have run 19" with no issues on my ST

Todd Z

I have used 22" wiper blades for years. I love the large, clean area. You will probably have to readjust the positions of the arms though. Very easy mod.

98 Explorer Sport, 5 years.

03 Sport Trac, 3 years.

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/10691/22%20Inch%20Wiper%20Blades.jpg

David <><