wipers clunking

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason nguyen

Reaction score
I just had my windshield replaced and now the wipers make a clunking noise only when they go back down. I took the wiper blades off to make sure the noise did not come from the wiper blades.

Just wondering if anyone knew how to take the wiper cowl off so I could fix the problem myself rather then losing the truck for half the day?

Jason

It sounds to me like they set the one wiper ARM too low...

There is a clip you open, remove the arm and re install it 1 notch higher.

The removal can also be found in the projects section under the wiper drain project..

IF you can not adjust the arm because it only goes on 1 way, then they broke something, OR they did not put the plastic cowl back on right..

Todd Z

Todd,

I took off both wiper arms and turned the wipers on and the clunking noise was still there. I was hoping to get some info on how to remove the cowl b/c I assumed that they did not put it on properly.

Jason

Jason,

Once the wipers are off the plastic is just clipped on there, I don't think there are any screws, I don't have either truck here today.. Sorry I cant look for you..

Todd Z

There's 2 screws in the center, and it clips down, so you'll need to use some force to get it up. If I remember correctly, the passenger side has a lip on the bottom, so you'll need to pull the driver's side up first.