Wireless USB Antenna

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Poole

Reaction score
Hi Y'all

I am trying to reestablish my wireless network. I have a linksys wireless G router an a USB antenna. I think the USB antenna is junk, but I wonder if somebody else make an antenna that is compatible with linksys and who makes a good USB antenna.

Thanks y'all

Bob

I've had pretty good luck with Linksys USB gear in the past, is there a specific complaint about it?

Not enough distance? Drops signal?

Netgear, D-link, Linksys, and Buffalo I've setup for clients with all pretty similar results.

On the computer that has the USB antenna, the monitor shows the antenna as *disabled* I can't get it to change the setting. I have removed and reinstalled the software several times to no avail. The computer doesn't *see* the antenna. Even when I am in * my computer* and use the refresh setting, it doesn't change.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Bob

Does it show as disabled in Device Manager?

Are you using the linksys software or built in windows software to manage the network connection?

Try a different USB port. If using a USB cable try removing or replacing the cable. Try the wireless adapter in a different computer to see if it will work. Definitely check device manager. Uninstall the USB wireless from the device manager then restart the computer to see if it will recognize and reinstall.

Latest posts