woodstock..... 40 year anniversary

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
this weekend is the 40th year since the famous festival in upstate ny.

watching the movie AGAIN as we speak.

AWESOME music and the crowd was great.

just purchased an original poster (3days of peace & music) signed by marty ballin of the jefferson airplane. "believe in miracles"

imo, this event can never be duplicated again.

:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, XM Channel 40 is broadcasting the concert all weekend.

That is so cool.

As a child born in the early 1980's (yea yea yea i know im still practically a child) I have a lot of respect for what went on in that farmer's field back then. I've studied it at university and on my own time. I love the music of that generation and would have loved to be a part of Woodstock.

IMO most rock festivals and outdoor concert events try to capture some of the essence of the original Woodstock, but fail miserably. The corporate greed that has molested the music industry has destroyed any and all chance of ever reliving what Woodstock represented.

:D:cool:I can still remember when the movie came out and I went to watch it at the Highland Theater in Albuquerque with my cousin. We went shopping after the movie and had to buy those hip hugger pants with the big bell bottoms and the halter tops. We thought we were so cool...almost forgot the leather headbands with the leather strips with beads hanging on the ends.

More meaningful to me personally is the fact that this is the 15th anniversary of Woodstock '94. I think I'm still rinsing some of the mud out from that concert. Will never forget the way the mud flew both during the Primus performance and the Green Day performance. (In addition to the mud, the Green Day performance is also remembered for a security guard mistaking bass guitarist Mike Dirnt for a stage-diving fan, punching him to keep him off the stage, and knocking out several of his teeth. But he still played on.)

I was there, and at altamont, glad those times have past.

Sorry you had a bad trip Bill. Did you take the brown acid? You were warned.

Altamont should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Woodstock.

Latest posts