Would this fit our ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw an '03 Explorer w/ side mirrors that lights underneath them. They looked just like the ones on the first gen. ST's except for the lights underneath. Would they fit the '01 - '05 ST? Knowing Ford, and how they interchange parts I feel it stands to reason that they would fit.

They should just be the standard Explorer power mirrors with puddle lights on them. I've been thinking of getting them also. butnow people are looking at getting the new 06+ mirros

I've heard that regular Explorer mirrors aren't a direct swap, but Ranger mirrors are...which of course don't feature puddle lamps. I'm fairly certian there is a project to add your own puddle lamps to the underside of your mirror housings.

Now that would be a nice combo... both puddle lamps AND led turn signals along the outer edge of the mirror frame.

Rodger I have been thinking of getting those as well,but they don't look like they would fit. But I have another idea. Installing a set of L.E.D.s in the bottom of each mirror and wiring them to the inside lights, so that when you unlock the vehicle, they turn on. Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
A Long time ago, from a place far far away, and Old X Member once did a project which still exsists to this day ....

His Name ST'errific

His Project Mirror Lamps

http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/MirrorLamp/page1.htm

Don Monkeyboy

Latest posts