WOW - Rancho RSX Shocks are AWESOME...(and some questions)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Rogers

Reaction score
Okay, PepBoys installed them today for $62 labor charges + tax and misc shop supplies fee. I bought all 4 shocks online for just over $218 delivered.....and I LOVE THEM.

Wow. My '04 Trac only had 10,500 miles on it, but what a difference. The truck feels MUCH safer. The ride is much better, the sway and lean as I corner is not as pronounced, and I can even dodge things at high speeds without feeling like I am losing total control. Lastly, hitting a bump is just that, a bump...not some wavy experience like being on a waterbed.

Okay, here is the question:

Am I imagining things, or is the Trac up higher now? Seems like it is too me...maybe a good inch or two...if not more.

And, it seems like the front is higher than the back, a little anyway. Going strictly by the top of the tonneau cover which used to "seem" to sit pretty plumb as the Trac is parked in the garage, there now seems to be a somewhat noticible off-kilter nature (higher in front of box, lower in back.

Am I dreaming? Will it settle?

TJR

I put on the Rancho RSX's at about 2,500 miles and noticed the same things you did, except, the height of the truck did not change. The shocks are gas charged, but not enough to lift the weight of the Trac.

It could have lifted a minor amount. Between the weakness of the OEM shocks and the quality of the Ranchos it is possible to see a small bit of lift.

But not anything like the 2 inches your describing. It also has to do with how the shocks were installed. If it was on a lift where the front tires and rear axle were suspended then you will see some lift until you drive it. This has to do with the leaf springs not settling in until you go over some bumps and what not.

Latest posts