WTB Rims/tires Where do I start

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N J

Reaction score
I've been considering buying some 20" or even 22" rims for my 03 Trac and have been looking all over the net for some good deals. Problem is there are tons of options out there and I'm not really sure how to tell if a rim/tire package would fit on my Trac.

For all of you out there that have bought rims/tires, what numbers or information am I looking for that would let me know if they fit (i.e. bolt pattern, offset, ???). I'm seeing lots of terminology that I'm not too familiar with.

Any info or advice would be appreaciate.

Thanks again.

Bolt pattern is 5x4.5 or 5x114.3.

Tires you have some choices. I'm running a 265/35/22 on mine and I used to have 305/45/22. The old ones rubbed a little when I turned at first so I had to trim it. Of course I was lowered.

The offset on my current rims are 18mm.

All this is for 22's. Hopes this helps.

NEED SOME HELP ...........

so i've been doing some searching and found some 20" rims that are the right bolt pattern, but I think I've run into another problem. The rubber on these rims are:

Toyo Proxes4 Tires 245/35ZR20 95W

I have an idea of what the numbers represent but am still kinda new to the lingo. I need your help to figure out if this set up will work on the TRAC.

Thanks

245 is the size of the width, 35 is the size of the side wall, ZR is I believe rated up to 160mph. I would say, that is a very small tire for the ST. I have 245/35ZR18s on the my ranger, and the width of the tire is no more than 8-9inches wide and the sidewall is no more than 2-3inches tall. Now given the wheels your talking about is on a 20" rim. Not to much of a difference.

Back to original post... Bolt pattern is 5x4.5 or 5x114.3... they mean exactly the same.

Latest posts