X-Cal II MPG Tune

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Ellis

Reaction score
Just curious, what level of mpg increase is likely with the X-Cal II economy tune using 87 octane in a stock Trac? Any data from users out there?

I am also VERY interested in this. If I get decide to take delivery of the '07 I have on order, I would order this IMMEDIATELY if it helps MPG!

Thanks.

Rodger and Bill both have Gen 1 STs, as do I. My mom was able to squeeze about 28 mpg out of Jade with mostly highway commutes, especially driving back from Wichita to Mexico Missouri, staying off the cruise control, and using the 87 octane performance tune driving 60-65 on average. She drives my truck like it's really delicate. When I drive, I can usually squeak about 20 to 22 out of her on the 87 perf tune. I haven't tried the 91 perf tune for long distances yet. If gas prices stay the way they are, I'll probably drive on 87 to Louisville.

I have a mileage tune, but I have hardly used it. It's for highway use only. It changes the shiftpoints, and tries to keep the cruise control from downshifting so much. On some hills, and this was in Kansas and Missouri, the cruise control would sometimes downshift from OD to 3rd, and the RPMs would shoot up and the ST would try to rocket up the hill and attempt to either hold speed or get back up to speed as soon as possible. As you would think, it eats gas mileage. Jade drives herself harder than I do...

jb9281, contact me at my website as posted by Paul.

Bill-E, with my wife driving the ST daily over 120 miles round trip (combo street/highway) and with her lead footed occasional romps, we average 450 miles per tank, with the average fill up being 20-21 gals. Thats around 23 mpg consistently.

Looks like gas price is getting high enough for Xcal II to pay for itself. At $3.00/gal, 18K miles per year, going from 18 mpg to 21 mpg would be a $429 yearly savings in fuel cost.