X-cal2 and Rev Limiter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fudged Undies

Reaction score
So i've been tinkering with my x-cal2 to see if I can get around the rev limiter (5200 or so) that is programmed into the 87 oct. prg. There is an option in the optional parameters to raise the limiter (I think/guess) and though I've changed the setting there has been no change in the limit (don't know if it may be disabled by wayne intentionally). Manual tranny'd tracs don't/didn't come with a limiter from the factory, at least mine didn't and through 1st and 2nd the limiter is driving me nuts. Wayne hasn't responded to my emails so I guess he's still handling other matters. Anyone have any info on the parameter or does wayne generally disable this feature?

your In gear rev limiter is set by Wayne. He will need to adjust that. The software is very limited in what you can adjust...

I spoke to him this morning for 2 min, He is crazy with orders for stuff...

Try calling again...

Todd Z

Ed,

Sorry I didnt get back to you yesterday. I had 2 customers show up at the same time, and one of them is the kind that likes to "help", thus extending the actual time to get it done. I will hit you up in the AM.