X-Spec installed on ST.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Nystrom

Reaction score
I received my X-Spec suspension kit from Explorer Express during last week. It comes with performance shocks, the EE rear sway bar, and 1 3/8" lowering blocks. My kit came with Edelbrock IAS shocks for the front, and Monomax YKB shocks for the rear. This weekend, I worked on getting the kit installed on my Sport Trac. The instructions were easy to follow and understand. I only had only two minor problem with installation. When I installed the 1 3/8" lowering blocks, I disconnected both sides of the axle from the springs. Well, the driveway has a slight incline so the wheels and differential rotated. It took me a little while to get them readjusted, and aligned so the lowering blocks lined up with the axle, and springs. The second was how to adjust the cams on the front wheel pivots to get the correct camber. The instructions did not show me exactly, but the alignment guy fixed that. I ended up only lowering the front about an inch, because it was as far as the torsion bolts would go. It still has the raked appearance and actually most people don't notice that it has been lowered. The only bad thing was that the alignment guy seems to thing my ball joints are worn, so I will have to look into that. Otherwise, it was not too bad.

Wow. The performance is great. :D I am not sure which component contributed what to the new feel of the truck, but I like it. :) I know y'all talk about how great it is to get the EE rear sway bar installed, but it is not the same as feeling it. It feels much better on tight turns. I think I am going to like it. Anyway, I just thought I would share...before I get back out on the road...with my Sport Trac, of course.

Sounds good...

I was going to get the kit, but decided to get individual parts... got a 2" kit from summit racing, but want to find someone with the 1 3/8" blocks for sale...

My EE swaybar should be here monday or tuesday and I cant wait to have that installed, cause the handling now is awesome... wonder what it will be like after the swaybar?!

Seems that a lowered ST w/ all these mods handles more like a car than a truck!

Love it! :)

Here is my Sport Trac before being lowered....

496724911237603832e73bb1701826ae.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts