Xcal 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya. I just got my Vers. 4 from Wayne, timing and airfuel adjustments after the prior adjustments loss a bit of umpf, and man....... ! My response was just WOW Of course I can only get the 91oct but still, beefy as hell. I take it my great mpg that I was getting prior is gone but who cares? by the way Make Sure, you have the 93 in your tank, from what I hear, bad things happen if you dont. Glad you like it.

If you add the Xcal2 and run into a problem, can you put the truck back to factory specs for warranty work so the dealer doesn't know?

The stock program is always available. It is either in your ECM or in the progammer, changes take about 2 minutes to perform. Dealer won't know without a very difficult search. That is why I chose getting this from Wayne instead of a chip change, which is easily detected because you must break a factory seal on the chip socket.

I have brought my truck to the dealer and inspection stations with the basic performance programs installed, and no problems at all...

Once you get into advanced tuning then you will have to flash it back to stock when being serviced by a dealer or the state...

Todd Z

Wow, I feel a lot of love in here today :)

Tig-o-bit, either Xcalibrator versions download the factory program and save it to memory, for future return to that program if need be.

Hey Wayne,

I've got the XCal (version 1) with two custom tunes.

I've wondered about this before, but never get around to asking you:

What happens if I flash the factory code back to the PCM before a service, and they flash a new code to it while they're working on the truck? Do I need to get my XCal re-tuned with the new code? Or do I simply transfer the new tune to the #1 slot like I would have anyway?

Eric,

Any code they update it to will still be in the same "family", or it should be. if the XCal wont flash the pcm, shoot me an email. I will retune it to the new flash for free, since you are a purchasing customer :)

Latest posts