Xcal II Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I got my Xcall II the other day. After a little bit of confussion on my part with the directions I programed it with the 87 oct program. Now this is where I am really getting confused????Can I do to the high Oct program say next week and then back to the 87 the following week or do I need to contact Wayne for a new program everytime I switch? Also my instruction sheet says the XCAL 2 CAN BE USED AS A HIGH SPEED DATA LOGGER. Anyone out there doing this? I have e mailed Wayne about this, but he said he was having some problems with email when we talked about a different matter over the phone. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can switch back and fourth, BUT you MUST have a full tank of the high octane gas FIRST before going to the high tune, you can run the high gas with th 87 tune no problem..

Thats why it is a bit of a pain to switch back and forth for a weekend or so..

I only have the 9100 tuner, so I know nothing about the data logging, BUT i have heard it only records basic stuff and you may need more equipment to get the best data.

Todd Z

Sometimes the answer is right in front of your face. SCT has a website www.sctflash.com that I think has answered most of my questions. I think your right Todd, for the data logging it looks as though you would need a lap top computer. Still not sure if I have to adust any of the peramiters or does Waynes tune set this automatically? Maybe some more reading on the website and I will find the answer.:cool: