XCAL2 Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Mouser

Reaction score
I love the Xcal2 so far..thanks to Wayne (psssst yeah you there, invest in one)

ran 87 Perf tune, feels like a new tranny with shift kit almost...ran this tune for a week and a half

This morning I ran the 87 economy tune...big difference, truck is real sluggish...I actually noticed the flair 2-3 and 3-4...when I stopped then took off again from a light it felt like the tranny was in second gear for a second untill rolling...

I think the tranny got addicted to the performance tune.... 2001 Job 1 ST 93,000 miles..

I had the Tranny flushed at a local Kwik Lube, they pumped standard tranny oil in it and added a bottle of "additive" to make it to "spec" of MerconV. this was around 87K

I hope I make it to the 100 mile club!

Anyone experienced this before with the XCAL2?

I'm going back to 87performance..

Wayne if you read this before you get the email I need to replace the 93perf with 87perf.. and thanks again for the speedy delivery, that's worth alot, I recommend it to any ford owner I come across...

Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis,

Sorry to hear about your shifting problem; I just got mine today so I'll let you know if I have the same issue.

BTW, the instructions say to pull the fuel pump and fan fuses prior to loading -- which two fuse numbers/at wich locations do you pull?

Thx,

Ken

Ken,

You dont have to pull any fuses sir. Those are the generic directions for the tuner. I am working on specific directions for the sport tracs. Those will be available for both the 01-06, and the 07 models after the national meet.